An opportunity to learn, serve and grow.
We are looking for one guy and one gal to serve as interns for 5 weeks this summer. This position will provide you with a great learning experience in an adventure discipleship context. This is and exchange position, meaning you are trained and participate in adventure experiences and have all food and lodging provided in exchange for oversight of 10 teens for 3 weeks.
Topics of training to include:
- Establishing a philosophy of ministry and how it guides direction and decisions.
- Discovering how the character of the leader affects the program.
- Exploring the challenges, risks and rewards of adventure based discipleship.
- Sharing some basic leadership fundamentals in outdoor leadership contexts.
- Evaluating personal strengths, weaknesses and role compatibilities.
Main adventures are backpacking, mountain biking and intro to climbing.
- This internship is open to anyone out of high school at least one year.
- We prefer applicants that are interested in camp ministry, youth ministry or some sort of adventure-based Christian occupation.
- June14th to July 16th*. The internship includes a week of training and preparation before the Trailhead program and will last up to a week after for evaluation and personal adventure and solitude.
- The main instructor is Dean Selden, secondary instructors are Mike and Rachel Selden and Jay Selden. (See Bios under "About Us" tab.
To find out more or get a phone interview and an application click the button below.